Long ago I ordered an entree by this name at Besaws in Portland, I loved the idea, so I hijacked the title from them. Besaws used chard instead of kale and tahini sauce instead of humus. I think mine has a little more zip. Wouldn’t’a eaten this 10 years ago. Now I’m diggin’ it. Hope you do too. (BTW I got most of these ingredients at Trader Joe’s for not much moolah)
1. In a small pot combine 2 cups water, 1 cup quinoa, bring to a boil, reduce heat, let simmer until water is gone
2. While quinoa is cooking, destem kale, put in to large bowl, add dressing, hummus and tabasco; cover with a towel
3. Slice tomatoes (or radishes) and celery
4. Pour cooked quinoa on to kale and dressing mixture in large bowl, recover with a towel, let steam
5. Add tomatoes (or radishes), celery and sunflower seeds as well as sea salt and black pepper to kale, etc. in large bowl
6. Enjoy warm or cold (I prefer warm!)
3 thoughts on “RECIPE: Easy Delicious Grains and Greens Salad”
i love me some sriracha!
This sounds good! (except the hot sauce…) I might just have to try this out.
This one is delicious!